Jen Porter is an acclaimed Chicago singer, songwriter, musician & performer.
Growing up with parents who inspired people in the pews and around the campfire, Jen has stoked a fire in the bellies of thousands of fans with her irreverence, passion, and strong smoky voice.
While she spends most of her time performing as an international piano bar entertainer throughout the Caribbean and Europe, as well as entertaining around her hometown of Chicago, Jen has been steadily cutting original albums and building a following for her own music for more than 2 decades. Jen used to enjoy residencies with her talented group of backing musicians, fondly known as The Most Fabulous Band, at such prestigious Chicago locations as Navy Pier, the John Hancock Building and for the Chicago White Sox. She was voted Chicago's favorite local musician by readers of the Chicago Free Press and enjoyed performing multiple times in Chicago's LGBT Pride Parade. She has also been honored to be performing the US (and sometimes Canadian) National Anthems, as well as performing God Bless America on Sundays, for the Chicago White Sox since 2007.
For over a decade she has been sharing her talents around the globe in international cities such as Amsterdam and Oslo, as well as in enviable vacation destinations such as Aruba, St. Maarten, the British Virgin Islands and Barbados, to name a few. Jen spends two thirds of her time entertaining abroad annually.
“This is real music, wide and deep. It's accessible but still invites you to take your time to see what's really there. I don't need any comparisons to get a handle on what she's doing. She's setting a standard by which others down the pike will be compared.” Indie-Music.com reviewer Barney Quick. Click here to read the full review
SOME OF JEN'S CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
• Released five independent & original albums
• Named Best Local Musician by the Chicago Free Press
• Featured on Stonecutter Records' Acoustic Chicago compilation
• Featured Chi-Tunes performer in Red Eye, a Chicago Tribune Publication
• Regular performer of U.S. National Anthem for the Chicago White Sox; has also performed for the Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bulls, Chicago Fire, and Detroit Pistons
• Performed for an audience of 200,000+ on the National Mall in Washington, D.C.
• Continuous radio airplay and interviews across the U.S. and Europe, including satellite and terrestrial radio
• Has written original music and had material solicited for film and television projects